In a riveting documentary brought to us by MSNBC and Calamari Productions, we are given the opportunity to get a first hand glimpse into the lives of young people who have been convicted of criminal offenses so serious that they have been sentenced as adults when convicted for their crimes.
Do the Crime Do the Time!
One of the children featured was sentenced to 30 years, sentenced as an adult at the age of 12 years old.
The Prison Featured in the Documentary is Wabash Valley Correctional Facility.
6908 S. Old U.S. Highway 41
P.O. Box 500
Carlisle , IN 47838
More From The Presentation
- In Indiana, all kids sentenced as adults are kept separate from the adults in the prison complex.
- The children do everything in jail, including go to school in the prison facility.
- One of the young men was sentenced to 30 years for murdering his step father.
- Another one of the young men, 17, was sentenced to 36 years for felony robbery and criminal confinement charges during a crime committed when he was 16.
- Another of the prisoners, now in his 30’s after being jailed while in his teens, is still serving time for killing his parents.
See more prison video.